Hot Topic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SEX & THE SIX-PACK

+15
Sue
denny
Lucy
Toni
celia
kim
Shannon Benbow
Stacey
denise lambert
Mo
Richard
DAN ROWLANDS
jodie
mary millar
Admin
19 posters

Go down

SEX & THE SIX-PACK  Empty SEX & THE SIX-PACK

Post by Admin Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:43 pm

The pyramids of Egypt, the Great Wall of China, the Roman Colosseum... all amazing feats of engineering. But now Fabulous has found a new Wonder of the World: Mel B's body. We'd heard rumours of the rippling six-pack; seen the grainy paparazzi pictures of taut arms and thighs that could easily crush a man to death, but in the interests of journalism - not to mention being downright nosey - we had to see it for ourselves. So when Mel agreed to take part in our exclusive shoot, we were on a flight to Las Vegas quicker than you can say "six-pack".

Standing in the hazy desert heat, looking like a fearsome character from Xena: Warrior Princess, Mel and The Body don't disappoint. The rippling abs, glistening in the sun, may not be to everyone's taste - some have sniped that she looks more bodybuilder than babe - but you can't fail to be impressed by the work that must have gone into sculpting them.

It seems the only person who's unimpressed by it all is Mel herself.

"Why has there been so much interest in my body? I don't know, ask everyone else," she says with a shrug of those powerful shoulders.

It's been reported that the secret behind the former Spice Girl's amazing body transformation is the training for her role in the burlesque spectacular Peepshow, on Vegas' famous Strip. But in truth, it's what she does off-stage that has resulted in those magnificent muscles. It's no surprise to learn that The Body is born out of Olympian-style workouts, sweat and, we expect, a few tears - not that she'll admit to it.

As Mel rattles off her exercise regime, it's enough to bring any woman out in a sweat - a cold one.

"I do 600 sit-ups four or five times a week," she explains enthusiastically. "I do them in sets of 10, changing position after each set. I can do 100 crunches in less than two minutes. I also hold the plank [a raised press-up position, where you support yourself on your forearms and toes and hold your body in a straight line] for 100 breaths."

Phew. But she's not done yet. "Before, I did overall training, but a few months ago I got more specific about my routine," she explains. "I'm on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I walk for two minutes, then sprint for three minutes, walk for two minutes and so on. Then for the other 30 minutes I'll work on my legs one day and then for the next session I'll use weights for my arms."

Mel's One Hour Gym Workout:

Run on the treadmill for 25-30 minutes, alternating two minutes of walking and three minutes of sprinting, for up to thirty minutes.
For the remaining 30 minutes of the workout, alternate work on your doing arms one day and your legs the next.
I use weights on my arms. I do rows - three different types: bicep curls, arm circles and pull-backs. Do 15 repetitions of each using 8kg weights

Legs: I do a mixture of classic squats and tighter squats - where you stand with legs further apart and just lightly bounce up and down.

This dedication points to a woman who is perhaps more body-obsessed than she would like to admit. Yet, when asked if she's on the verge of exercise addiction, she says a little too quickly: "No, not at all." Just don't ask her what would happen if, say, an ill-timed thrust in her workout left her with a twisted ankle. She shakes her head in horror: "I'd find a way of exercising my upper body. I couldn't not train. It just wouldn't happen."

Exercise, rather than diet, has always been Mel's means of transforming her body. As her Spice Girl band mates' figures went up and down (or down and down in the case of Posh), Mel's stayed virtually the same, her two pregnancies aside. It's a mantra she's followed from an early age.

She says: "I remember that my mum was constantly on a diet. 'Oh, I'll start my diet on Monday,' she'd say. Monday would come and go, and then it would be: 'I'll start my diet next Monday.'

"I got it into my head from a young age that dieting like that is self-torture. It's not at all healthy. How about you just eat well, have one day a week when you eat what you want, and train your body regularly? Isn't that all you need?"

Sure, Mel, but who has the time to do 600 crunches a day? "I always make time," she says. "I watch TV and do my abs. I chat on the phone even. I like to sweat. I feel I need to do it. Working out is my escapism - it's the time of the day when it's just me. There's no husband, no kids, no dog, just me and my iPod."

Intense, yes, but it certainly gets results. There's not an inch of fat to be seen as she contorts her body in the Nevada sunshine for our camera.

"How's it looking?" she shouts at the photographer in her still-thick Leeds accent. When he tells her she looks hot, she nods. No camera in the world could catch her bad side because, frankly, she doesn't have one.

Other celebrities asked to twist and turn in a skimpy swimsuit would demand to see the shots or insist on extreme retouching, but not Mel. She has a quick glance between set-ups and gleefully takes pictures of the computer screen to text to her husband, Hollywood producer Stephen Belafonte, 33. Unsurprisingly, he's a firm fan of Mel's body - his favourite part being her bottom. Unlike Mel herself, who still believes there's room for improvement.

"I think I'm good to go, but I don't think it's the best I've ever looked," she says, although when pushed she can't name a particular time when she looked better. "Some women are forever obsessing over their flaws. But you have to embrace your body. This is mine and I'm not going to get a different one, so I work with what I've got and enjoy it."

And with three daughters - Phoenix Chi, 10, who was fathered by her first husband, Jimmy Gulzar, Giselle, four, Stephen's daughter from his first marriage, and Angel, two, who she had with Eddie Murphy - is she conscious of passing on her positive body image to them?

"It's not something I worry about, but I've always felt good about my body - whether I've been 70lb heavier during my two pregnancies or like this. I think the girls have a healthy view. Phoenix likes her burgers and fries, but she enjoys tuna salads and chicken and vegetables as well," she says.

In fact, Mel plans her diet as meticulously as her workout routines. "You can't exercise and not eat healthily - it's pointless," she preaches.

So much so that Mel's enlisted the help of a company called Freshology to hand-deliver nutritionally balanced food to her twice a week. She arrives at the shoot clutching a plastic container that they sent her for breakfast - today, it's turkey bacon, scrambled egg whites and fruit - but she eats it for lunch after deeming the shoot catering of pasta, vegetables and chicken in a creamy sauce unhealthy "s**t".

"I never leave my body hungry," she says. "I eat every two to three hours."

But it isn't all fat-free, low-carb organics. "I crave KitKats and Crunchies, and once a week I have a day where I eat what I want, whether it's a burger or a tuna melt with cheese. You have to be realistic."

Despite the punishing workouts, Mel admits that, at 34, she's starting to feel her age. "When I turned 30 my metabolism slowed down," she reveals. "I started to feel sluggish so I made a point of going to the gym more often.

"I still drink alcohol, but if I have three glasses of wine now, I wake up feeling like a slug. At 25, I used to be able to get up at 8am and function."

Although her body is changing with the passing of each birthday, Mel insists surgery is not on the cards - yet. "I love my frowns," she says scrunching up her face to prove she still can. "Maybe I would [have surgery] later, but not right now."

Her stint in Peepshow ended two weeks ago, and she's now taking a well-earned month off and moving back to Los Angeles, where she's lived for the last six years. She says she has some exciting projects (rumoured to be a film and a talent show) in the pipeline, but she's most looking forward to spending time relaxing with her kids and Stephen.

"I couldn't bear being away from him for longer than a week," she says. "He's been with me for the last five months in Vegas and I went with him when he had a filming project in New Orleans. Before we got married, we both agreed that long-distance relationships just don't work - plus I'd miss sex too much."

You'd think all Mel's energy would be spent during her rigorous gym sessions, but it seems she always sets aside some for sex with Stephen - and then some. This is a woman with a libido to rival Hugh Hefner's in his heyday.

"We really can't keep our hands off each other," she says. "Most days we have sex five times."

Really, five times? "Yes, sex is a huge part of my fitness. It's all-over body-conditioning after all." Goodness.

She lets out a throaty laugh, but she's not joking. In between sit-ups, gym sessions and putting on a nightly show, how on earth does she find the time? "We find it. We're not having sex for two hours each time, but when I see him, I just want to grab him. I'm a nymphomaniac and he's got a really high sex drive so it works well," she explains.

And what happens when Stephen's not around? "Oh, that's easy, I've always got my Pocket Rocket."

Good grief, Mel, you really do wear us out.

HAVE YOU EVER...
Googled yourself? Yes. I find it hilarious.

Been arrested? I stole a pair of knickers from Bhs when I was 11 and got caught!

Pretended to be someone else to avoid someone? No. I like confrontation.

Taken something back to a shop after wearing it? Yes - everyone does that, don't they?

Secretly fancied a friend's boyfriend? No way!

Pulled a sickie from work? Yes, but only when I worked in a jeans shop.

Pretended to remember someone when they come over to say hi? All the time.

Lied about liking a terrible gift? No way. My face tells too many stories.

Told a boyfriend:'It's not me, it's you'? Yes, because it usually is.

Lied to your husband about how much something costs? Yes. Stephen gets freaked out at the price of underwear and Christian Louboutins. I've convinced him now that it's the only pair of shoes he can ever buy me, hence the fact he bought me three pairs last month!

Read something about yourself and thought: 'I wish!'? Yes, that I had an orgy with six people when it was only three.

Kissed a girl? Loads!

Mel B is the face and body of Ultimo. Ultimo swimwear is available from Ultimo.co.uk

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/fabulous/celebs/386181/How-former-Spice-Girl-Mel-B-got-her-amazing-abs-Sex-and-the-Six-Pack.html

Last edited by Admin on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

http://hottopic.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

SEX & THE SIX-PACK  Empty Re: SEX & THE SIX-PACK

Post by mary millar Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:18 am

It saddens me that this type of person can afford to buy three pairs os Laboutin shoes and others can't afford food. Revolting people, revolting lives.
mary millar
mary millar

Back to top Go down

Post by jodie Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:19 am

amazing body!!! it has definatly showed me that anything is possible. she looks fab x
jodie
jodie

Back to top Go down

Post by DAN ROWLANDS Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:24 am

mary millar wrote:It saddens me that this type of person can afford to buy three pairs os Laboutin shoes and others can't afford food. Revolting people, revolting lives.

GET A LIFE MARY!!! The girl worked her ass off so she deserves as many shoes as she wants. Don't start with all the hating just cause u cant have a pair!
DAN ROWLANDS
DAN ROWLANDS

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:25 am

mary millar wrote:It saddens me that this type of person can afford to buy three pairs os Laboutin shoes and others can't afford food. Revolting people, revolting lives.

get a grip mary!! why dont you sell the laptop etc, etc you dont REALLY need and donate it to charity
Richard
Richard

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:26 am

Mel has done extremely well for herself.

From ordinary beginnings, she managed to turn her life around after The Spice Girls split up and, even worse, being dumped by the father of her child whilst newly pregnant.

You don't see pictures of her falling out of clubs, half drunk and sleeping around with different men.

She has talents she is making the most of, is apparently happily married raising 3 children and working as hard as she can while she can.

A role model.
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post by denise lambert Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:27 am

These 'celebrities' make the most of whatever they have to make a life for themselves. Mel B makes the best use of the fact that she's got looks, a great body and is sexy.

If you had these qualities, or if you could sing or act, then you could buy those shoes too!
denise lambert
denise lambert

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacey Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:28 am

I think Mel is great and always have done...she looks absolutely gorgeous....Mary, her husband bought her 3 pairs of Louboutins and trust me if I could afford them I'd buy them too (and I sure as hell wouldn't turn my nose up at a pair as a gift!!!)....Yes there are people who cannot afford food, but equally there are agencies that help those people too...She's worked hard to get where she is and overcome a lot of crap over the past couple of years, why can't you be pleased that she's being a positive role model for young girls rather than a negative one like many others we see in the headlines????
Stacey
Stacey

Back to top Go down

Post by Shannon Benbow Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:29 am

Mel b has inspired me to get out there and do some more exercise but is'nt 600 sit-ups a day too many?
It seems Mel wants to spend more time exercising then she does with her children!
Shannon Benbow
Shannon Benbow

Back to top Go down

Post by kim Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:30 am

I like Mel. She has always handled herself with dignity - even during the hard times in her life.

What does Mel have to do with people who don't have food? Mel works hard, she pays taxes (in the U.S & the UK), she gives money AND her time to charities. Is she supposed to spend her every waking moment making sure that the entire world has food? I am positive that Mary has more than a few pairs of shoes. She only needs one pair. Why doesn't she sell the rest and donate the money to a charity that helps feed the hungry?

In case Mary doesn't know the real facts, Africa has been given over a trillion pounds from the UK and the U.S in the last decade. The problem is that the rulers of African countries steal the money and live in the lap of luxury. They make the Queen look like a pauper.They have fleets of luxury jets, fabulous jewels for their wives and mistresses, thousands of staff to wait on them hand and foot and many, many mansions in Africa and many other countries. As for charities,most of them immediately skim off over more than half or more of the donations they recieve. They claim they need it for "salaries, upkeep and office expenditures." Usually only 10% to 20% of donations goes toward actually helping people in need.
kim
kim

Back to top Go down

Post by celia Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:31 am

Mel looks absolutely fab and people who are calling her are just totally jealous!!
She has a figure any women would want and if you disagree your lying !
celia
celia

Back to top Go down

Post by Toni Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:32 am

Love Love Love Mel B always have always will, what a stong independant woman.x
Toni
Toni

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:33 am

What she hasn't mentioned is that she smokes like a chimney - the woman always has a fag in her hand. She's not healthy at all.
Lucy
Lucy

Back to top Go down

Post by denny Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:33 am

i think mel b is fab. i always have done. im a 41 yr old woman and i really respect this woman she has done so much with her life and she is a real tonic to alot of women out there. besides we are both mixed race and both from the north of england! but seriosly she`s great and i am so happy that she has finally found happiness in her life. she had it pretty rough in the beginning with her 1st husband but seems very content with her now husband. when is she going to make another album. she is well missed and it is about time she did some more recording (or has she already let me know please!) anyway i think she is the bomb. you go girl i am so proud of you as your one of me (mixed hahaha) x
denny
denny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:34 am

Mel looks fantastic fair play to her she has a body to die for and killer legs they go on for miles and miles Smile
Sue
Sue

Back to top Go down

Post by sj Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:35 am

she looks great and is still outspoken fancied her all those years ago still do she and her family deserve to be happy good look to her.
sj
sj

Back to top Go down

Post by Starsky Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:36 am

All digitally enhanced! COME ON PPL.....
Starsky
Starsky

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:37 am

Stupid comment Mary - people spend too much time believing others owe them a living when they can get off their backside and work for their food..... and Laboutin shoes!
Good luck to Mel B - she's amazing and a real inspiration for me and other 30-somethings, proving it's never too late to turn your life around, and your body!
Nicky
Nicky

Back to top Go down

Post by emad Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:37 am

very good very good very good
emad
emad

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum