Hot Topic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zeta rage at docs who failed hubby

+20
Rosemadder
lynnb37
Joanterry
blooper59
jbird
pheenie21
uksoul
Nordevil
Newsvigilo
Goonernews
jen48
Beth56
gurlywurly
piperh
trucker99
kcon
Bart67
Angelwing
Defcon3
Admin
24 posters

Go down

Zeta rage at docs who failed hubby Empty Zeta rage at docs who failed hubby

Post by Admin Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:06 am

ACTRESS CATHERINE ZETA JONES has lashed out at doctors for failing to spot husband MICHAEL DOUGLAS's throat cancer sooner.
The Wall Street star, 65, had complained for weeks of neck and ear pain before the walnut-sized tumour was finally found at the base of his tongue.

He has now begun an intensive eight-week course of chemotherapy but has revealed the cancer has already spread into his head and neck.

Mum-of-two Catherine, 40, said: "It makes me furious they didn't detect it earlier.

"He sought every option and nothing was found. I knew something was up. He knew something was up."

She also told of her pain at having to watch her husband suffer as he undergoes the tough treatment.

The film and stage star said: "I know maybe I should be stronger, but emotionally I just don't want to see that. The hardest part is seeing his fatigue, because Michael is never tired."

Douglas insisted he has an 80 per cent chance of survival, but said of the disease: "It's stage four, which is intense. You want to be at stage one.

"I'm treating this as curable. It's a fight. I'll beat this."

He also spoke of knowing that something was wrong with his health, saying: "Early summer I had a really sore throat. I went through a litany of doctors and tests and they didn't find anything."

Michael admitted to US chatshow host DAVID LETTERMAN that his type of cancer was caused by boozing and smoking - but said he believes it was triggered by stress in his "pretty intense" year.

His eldest son Cameron, 31, was jailed for five years on drugs offences in April and the actor has recently been involved in a legal fight with his ex-wife Diandra, 51.

She wants half his earnings from new film Wall Street 2.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3121542/Zeta-Jones-rage-at-medics-who-failed-cancer-ridden-hubby.html

Admin
Admin

http://hottopic.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Zeta rage at docs who failed hubby Empty Re: Zeta rage at docs who failed hubby

Post by Defcon3 Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:35 am

All the best Douglas

Defcon3

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwing Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:39 am

HuGe best wishes to M. D . for a full and swift recovery

Angelwing

Back to top Go down

Post by Bart67 Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:41 am

Katherine it's not actually about you it's about your husband, yes your angry about the doctors not finding it sooner but your job is to support him through the tough days ahead, that's what my mum did when my dad was sick, so suck it up and get on with being a good wife

Bart67

Back to top Go down

Post by kcon Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:32 am

I would be furious too but you should also be thankful that you arent Joe Bloggs living in this world you can afford the very best care to ensure you have the very best chance, I realise money doesnt buy health and happiness but it should help to know you can afford the very best ensuring Michaels chances are the best. I wish Michael a fantastic recovery and you both many more years together x

kcon

Back to top Go down

Post by trucker99 Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:33 am

There you go ........Human after all

trucker99

Back to top Go down

Post by piperh Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:33 am

I wish them all the best and hope he makes for a full recovery. And Bart what a daft comment to make just because thats the way your mom dealt with it does not make it the right way for the rest of us. Some of us get angry but it doesn't mean we are not supporting our loved ones as well. Cancer does not only affect the sufferer but those surrounding them as well.

piperh

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlywurly Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:34 am

Welcome to the real world this kind of thing happens all of the time.. It happend to my Mum and by the time they realised something was wrong it was t olate she passed 4 wks later.

I think Dr's should be held acountable, why an they get away with this as it is playing with peoples lives...

If a builder did a bad job you would sue.

So what makes a Dr any different?

I wish Michael a full recovery, but if it has spread I do not hold out much hope Bless him ..

gurlywurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth56 Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:35 am

Terrible news , and a lovely couple , i hope he comes through this . God Bless .

Beth56

Back to top Go down

Post by jen48 Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:36 am

i was misdiagnosed on 2 seperate occasions it took a year to convince my doctors that i was ill and then 9 months after treatment my consultant wouldn't believe my cancer was back now a year after 2nd treatment everything fine so far , the moral of the story is never trust a doctor you know your own body better than anyone and put all your anger to oneside and concentrate on getting well

jen48

Back to top Go down

Post by Goonernews Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:37 am

I hate to sound horrible but it is nice to know that medical incompetence is not just limited to us without money. I lost my mum a month ago to cancer. She was prescribed anti-biotics for her cancer!!!! Laziness, poor diagnosis and lack of caring will always go unpunished...there is just no accountability .

That said, My thoughts are with MD. Top actor and no doubt lovely husband and father.

Goonernews

Back to top Go down

Post by Newsvigilo Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:38 am

Yes and those cigarette and alcohol manufacturers are jolly irresponsible too.

Newsvigilo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordevil Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:39 am

I wish them both all the best.They have the money to get the best tretament but cancer is a bummer.When it has now become known that his ex-wife wants even more money it just shows how evil some can get.Michael Douglas and his father has given me many hours of joy in front of the Tv and so has Cathrine Zeta Jones.My prayers are with them and their family.

Nordevil

Back to top Go down

Post by uksoul Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:40 am

I wish them both the best. However it is well known now that if you smoke then 50% will directly die as a result and the other 50% will be affected by blindness, emphysema etc......Why does such a situation continue to come as a surprise to people. If you have a family you have a responsibility to your kids to not smoke. Society should see the tabacco industry and its employees in their true light........

uksoul

Back to top Go down

Post by pheenie21 Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:41 am

Sadly it happens to us all.
My dad had a huge operation to remove a tumour, 4 weeks aggressive radiotherapy, given the all clear & then 3 weeks later we were basically told "oops, we got it wrong"....Dad passed away 3 weeks later .....
Private or nhs it can still happen
Millionaires or beggars it can still happen
Live life to the full - you never know !!!!!

pheenie21

Back to top Go down

Post by jbird Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:42 am

He's lucky he's getting the chance of treatment. My dads doctors fannied around so much, that by the time they decided he had cancer, it was too late to do anything about it. He died 6 months after diagnosis.
jbird
jbird

Back to top Go down

Post by blooper59 Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am

Goonernews wrote:I hate to sound horrible but it is nice to know that medical incompetence is not just limited to us without money. I lost my mum a month ago to cancer. She was prescribed anti-biotics for her cancer!!!! Laziness, poor diagnosis and lack of caring will always go unpunished...there is just no accountability .

That said, My thoughts are with MD. Top actor and no doubt lovely husband and father.

How right you are. My father in law suffered the indignity of being written off by the doctor who basically told him, it's too late for you, put your house in order. Some bedside manner. The whole family was devastated. He was a good guy, given no chance, they didn't start chemo until it was already too late. It makes you wonder how much money needs to be spent to find a cure. All I know is, if I spent anywhere near the kind of billions that have already been spent, I would be looking for something better than Chemo or misguided surgery as an answer. We haven't advanced beyond chemo for how many years? and what stage of development are we at right now? Answers please Doctor!

blooper59

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanterry Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:44 am

Hope you fight this Michael, all the very best

Joanterry

Back to top Go down

Post by lynnb37 Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:45 am

i wish him all the very best .he's a brilliant actor but its stage 4 and thats not good .i do hope the doc's can do something its time this terrible diesease was stopped in its tracks

lynnb37

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosemadder Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:46 am

We still hadn't been given a firm diagnosis by the time my Dad died in June. It was down to the Coroner to find out what was wrong as the doctors messed about so damn much in the hospital. These doctors need to be accountable for these errors. Katherine has every right to be angry at the ones that failed to detect Michael's cancer sooner.

Rosemadder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonwon Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:47 am

He Is luck to be getting treatment but he paid as in the USA have to insurance for this and proves that Catherine does care for him just keep going to all Cancer people do not give in even at the end.

Jonwon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazz21 Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:48 am

I think he will get top class treatment in the USA as my friends there have also been lucky to get good cancer treatment,unlike my relative who endured horrendous chemo,the tumour shrunk and went to the brain,and that was the end of their life,sadly the Uk seems not to have the best in cancer treatment because money is more important than saving lives.

Jazz21

Back to top Go down

Post by lightsabre Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:49 am

My wife is fighting grade 4 breast cancer. Not the same, but the level of severity means the treatment is a hard slog and it leaves you wiped out. Fingers crossed for michael - he's a true cinema great - but odds are the after effects of the treatment will make a working film life almost unbearable.

lightsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by jewels55 Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:50 am

I hope he comes through this and I also hope lightsabre's wife does as well.
jewels55
jewels55

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum